FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

L- and H-tile Avalon® Streaming Stratix 10 PCIe IP Core - Access to Root Port Configuration Space

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

for my design on a Stratix-10 MX FPGA I use the L- and H-tile Avalon Streaming IP-Core configured as Root-Port.

As per PCIe-Specifiaction, a root-port has a PCI Configuration Space Header of Type-1 which should be accessible with PCIe-Configuration Transactions of Type-0.

However, when issuing Configuration Transactions of Type-0 to the Root-Port via the Avalon Streaming Interface, the Root-Port forwards them to the Device on the other end of the PCIe-Lane (serial interface).
The spec states, that only Configuration Transactions of Type-1 should be forwarded to the Link, if the Bus Number of the Completer-ID in the TLP Header falls in the range (Secondary Bus Number, Subordinate Bus Number] of the Root-Ports Configuration Space Header. Configuration Transactions of Type-1 should be converted to Type-0, if the Bus Number of the Completer-ID in the TLP Header equals the Secondary Bus Number of the Roots Configuration Space Header.

Hence my question: Is a configuration of the Root-Ports Configuration Space neccessary , such as setting the Memory Base- and Limit Registers, Subordinary and Secondary Bus Number Registers, Command Register etc.?

If so, how do I properly access the Root-Ports Configuration Space?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

Root Port Stratix 10 , you can refer to the design example

https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Projects/Stratix10PCIeRootPortWithMSI?elq_cid=4474485_ts1687308874155&erpm_id=10887203_ts1687308874155

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

I wish to follow up with you about this case.

Do you have any further questions on this matter ?

​​​​​​​Else I would like to have your permission to close this forum ticket

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

I wish to follow up with you about this case.

Do you have any further questions on this matter ?

​​​​​​​Else I would like to have your permission to close this forum ticket

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi

We have not hear from you and this Case is idling. It is not recommended to idle for too long.

Therefore following our support policy, I have to put this case in close status. My apologies if any inconvenience cause

Hence, This thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

If your support experience falls below a 9 out of 10, I kindly request the opportunity to rectify it before concluding our interaction. If the issue cannot be resolved, please inform me of the cause so that I can learn from it and strive to enhance the quality of future service experiences. 

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos