FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5932 Discussions

5M240ZT144I5N (MAX V) Current consumption

kh12
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am looking for power consumption information from the MAX V, I realize it is specific to the use, but I only need a rough estimate at this time.

I mainly need current consumption numbers. I can see on Table 3-4. of the MAX V Handbook that there are some current values for VCCINT, but nothing for VCCIO, I need to know a rough estimate to design my power rails. Could you help me out?

kh12_0-1693411771736.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lixy
Employee

Hi kh12,

What about the "Output Drive Characteristics" chapter in "DC and Switching Characteristics for MAX® V Devices - MAX V Device Handbook, Section I, Chapter 3" documentation? Is it helpful?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/content-details/654778/dc-and-switching-characteristics-for-max-v-devices-max-v-device-handbook-section-i-chapter-3.html?wapkw=mAXv%20DC

Thanks & Regards,

XY

0 Kudos
lixy
Employee

Hi kh12,

Since this question is idling for more than two weeks, it was closed. Sorry if it brings you troubles.

Regarding your questions, I have some more comments.

1- The 5M240ZT144I5N you mentioned has two I/O banks, and there are multiple voltages you can choose to supply to each Bank. Also, the total current of I/O banks is dependent on the User's usage of the I/O Pins, including I/O standards, Current Strength settings, the number of I/O used and so on. Therefore, no specific supply current for VCCIO.

2- In the "DC and Switching Characteristics for MAX® V Devices - MAX V Device Handbook, Section I, Chapter 3" documentation, "Table 3–1. Absolute Maximum Ratings for MAX V Devices" mentioned the Iout limitation for each I/O pins. Is this helpful for you to estimate the total I/O current?

3- Also, have you tried using EPE (Early Power Estimation) tool? You can download the EPE tool and tool UG of MAX V device from this page below. Enter the resource usage estimated and you can get an estimation of the Power consumption.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/power/pow-powerplay.html?wapkw=EPE

Best Regards,

Xiaoyan

0 Kudos
lixy
Employee

Hi kh12,

Did the previous comments answer your questions?

Best Regards,

Xiaoyan

0 Kudos