FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5932 Discussions

How to use duel core of cyclone V soc HPS by baremetal

CAlex
New Contributor II

Hi,

like the topic said, any example,guide,instruction,idea is welcomed.

Reguards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
aikeu
Employee

Hi CAlex,

According to ARM documentation shown in the link below:

The ARM C libraries supply no thread management functions of their own so you must supply any that are required.

The ARM C libraries supply no thread-switching mechanisms of their own. This is because there are many different ways to do this and the libraries are designed to work with all of them.

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0475/m/the-arm-c-and-c---libraries/multithreaded-support-in-arm-c-libraries/using-the-arm-c-library-in-a-multithreaded-environment

I think is better to work with linux unless you know what to consider in order to setup the environment properly for multithreading.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi CAlex,

I try to check with the team and we do not have any example of using dual core on cyclone V board.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
CAlex
New Contributor II

Hi,

so the only way to use duel core on cycloneVsoc is to use Linux?

Reguards.

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi CAlex,

According to ARM documentation shown in the link below:

The ARM C libraries supply no thread management functions of their own so you must supply any that are required.

The ARM C libraries supply no thread-switching mechanisms of their own. This is because there are many different ways to do this and the libraries are designed to work with all of them.

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0475/m/the-arm-c-and-c---libraries/multithreaded-support-in-arm-c-libraries/using-the-arm-c-library-in-a-multithreaded-environment

I think is better to work with linux unless you know what to consider in order to setup the environment properly for multithreading.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi CAlex,

I will close this thread for now.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos