Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20644 Discussions

I have just purchased Acer 885 i5 processor Intel 630 can this run 5 monitors?

PHogg1
Beginner

Can anyone help​

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

It depends upon display posts embedded in motherboard in desktop . Intel UHD 630 supports three monitors including edp , hmdi and vga.

But in your desktop supports only HDMI and VGA totally two monitors .

I have checked technical specifications on acer website

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/DT.BAPEK.002

I hope you , with this reply you will get satisfied

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, the Intel UHD Graphics 630 engine in your processor can support up to three monitors. According to the information I was able to find, your system's motherboard provides two HDMI connectors and one VGA connector on its back panel. Unfortunately, because Acer's manuals are so friggin' awful, I was unable to determine whether all three of these connectors can be used simultaneously. If we presume so, then you have support for connecting three independent monitors. You can confirm this with Acer support.

If you would like to connect additional monitors, you can do so using USB 3.0-based graphics engine(s). Here is a link to an adapter on Amazon that will allow you to connect two additional HDMI monitors: https://www.amazon.com/USB-Dual-HDMI-Adapter-External/dp/B0725K1MHH. Note that USB 3.0-based monitors will not be fast enough for gaming, if that was your intent.

An alternate approach is to utilize an add-in graphics card. Your system's motherboard has a x16 PCIe slot specifically designed to support an add-in graphics card. Note that the processor's graphics engine will be disabled when you plug in such a card. That is, when you use an add-in graphics card, you cannot use the HDMI or VGA connectors on the back of the motherboard. Whether you can find a board that supports 5 monitors - and can do so without requiring that your system's power supply be upgraded - would need to be determined.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello PHogg1, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. Were you able to check the information provided by the users? If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos