Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

I7-2600K Intel HD Graphics (igdkmd64) Crash Win 7 x64 when using HDMI

idata
Employee

Hi,

Getting frustrated - help please. Every time I try to use an LCD TV (using mobo HDMI-out to TV HDMI-in) it results in a BSOD with STOP 0x16—telling me that the igdkmd64 did not recover. Usually before the BSOD I get something like "Display driver igdkmd64.sys stopped responding and has recovered" several times, and them–KABOOM.

The system works fine with a VGA monitor without the HDMI attached.

This is a clean Win 7x64 (Home Premium) install on a minimal system:

ASUS P8H67 B3 (Realtec HD Audio, and Realtec Gbit Network);

i7 2600K with Intel HD3000 on processor graphics

4 Gb RAM (2x 2Gb) DDR3 1333

HD - Crucial C300 128Gb SSD AHCPI.

Supposedly (?) I have the newest HW drivers

The culprit TV's are an older Olevia 42"-1080i, and a newer 26" VIZIO 1080p. Both are HDCP compliant, and both work fine with HDMI from a DVD, A/V Receiver or cable box.

So far I have tried swapping HDMI cables, tried using a DVI-out to HDMI adapter (TVs don't have DVI ports) – same result. Tried removing one memory stick (leaving only 2Gb on a single slot) same problem. Also tried with various BIOS settings -- no help. The same things happens if I booth in Safe Mode with networking, but not in Safe Mode. So, I disabled the network drivers and devices, and rebooted normally --but didn't help, same BSOD.

Have been searching the web and forums, but nothing seems to be helping.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

@Leonardo

Where did you got the old driver version? Having the same issue, wanna give it a try...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
443 Replies
idata
Employee

Did not work for me. System still freezes.

Processor is i7 2600K and mobo is DH67BL.

Ran memtests on RAM and its fine.

Moving to 32-bit Windows 7 just to check if this problem is going to be resolved.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Installed 2342 driver. Still getting BSOD after couple of hibernations and working on ppt, outlook and websites.

Windows 7 x64 SP1

Core i5-520

8GB RAM

New build with latest drivers, patches and BIOS

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Downgraded to 2279, issue resolved. Still unable to use newest driver without BSD when using HDMI on external HDTV using Windows 7.

FYI, the older driver is here (for 64 bit Vista/7 systems):

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/19679/a08/Win7Vista_64_15218bb.zip http://downloadmirror.intel.com/19679/a08/Win7Vista_64_15218bb.zip

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i3 2100T + Asus P8H67-M Pro

Built my new HTPC connected it with HDMI to one of my LCD monitors and never saw a problem. I moved it to my living room and connected it to my Samsung DLP with DVI (older set) and the computer blue screens on every boot. Removed and reinstalled driver (2342) made no difference.

I'm going to try this older driver to see what it does.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Just tested the two latest drivers, when i execute the program display changer ( http://www.12noon.com/displaychanger.htm www.12noon.com/displaychanger.htm ) and try to shift from 720p 50hz to 1080p 23/24hz i get a BSOD... "display driver not responding". Older driver is working perfectly..

15.21.12.64.2321 defect.

15.21.13.64.2342 defect.

Intel fix needed !!!

best regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Tried with this old driver mentioned by someone (see below). It is working, no BSOD and can start win 7 with only HDMI display. With the latest two intel driver versions get BSOD, they have critical bug. Please correct the driver and release a new one which is working. Thanks in advance.

@Robert, Intel Guys: You can build a test-system with a Gigabyte or Asus H67 (LGA-1155, SandyBridge) mainboard and a Corei7 2600 CPU, do not install any external video card, just the use built in. Install Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and you'll surely experince the problem when try to start with only HDMI attached display. Thats all.

Guest wrote:

Downgraded to 2279, issue resolved. Still unable to use newest driver without BSD when using HDMI on external HDTV using Windows 7.

FYI, the older driver is here (for 64 bit Vista/7 systems):

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/19679/a08/Win7Vista_64_15218bb.zip http://downloadmirror.intel.com/19679/a08/Win7Vista_64_15218bb.zip

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

same problem here.

i5-2500K + HDMI output

Windows 7 SP1 x64

ASUS P8H67-M EVO

latest bios + drivers

last working driver for Intel HD3000 is 8.15.10.2291

any of the newer versions results in BSOD while installing a driver or BSOD/no signal afer first reboot.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi All

recently put together a system and have the same problem, been doing my head in. I cannot get HD Graphics driver to work at all. on start up it shows the windows logo then nothing but a black screen, or a differant driver might show a green patchwork kind of screen.

I am using a Samsung 40" series 5 led monitor.

So, the only driver that seems to work is the standard vga driver with windows, giving me 4:3 resoltuion and (i suppose) slow graphics.

soooo annooyyiinnggg.

Intel i5 2500 CPU

P8H67-M MB

4 GIG RAM

WD 1TB SATA6 HD

WINDOWS 7 SP1 x64

Taff

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi all

Could you please post what display / TV you are seeing this issue on? Need the exact model number.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
JKett2
Novice

Admittedly I have the same issue with the same "series" of TV (the 46 and 52" of the same version) but Samsumg LA46F81BD & LA52F81BD - otherwise known as the Samsun F8 series (about 3 years old).

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=&prd_mdl_cd=&prd_mdl_name=LA52F81BD http://www.samsung.com/au/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=&prd_mdl_cd=&prd_mdl_name=LA52F81BD

I just realised the two computer monitors I use have HDMI and are 1080p, so I will break my HTPC just to test it on them (Dell ST2410) later today

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi I have the same error but with HP 8100 Elite, I tried with different versions of the driver but none works well, the error is random in several pc.

thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with both versions of the driver I find published this year (I don't see anything older)

My system spec's are:

Intel i5-2500

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128474 GIGABYTE GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3

4GB 1333 RAM

2 TB HD

TV: Visio E470VL (1080P/120mHz/3D)

BSOD when running via HDMI, short-term (hopefully) work-around by using VGA Cable. VGA results in about a 10 pixel overscan, so I can't see the full desktop.

I would much rather be using the HDMI cable for pulling the HD Audio.

My 1st generation RCA LCD worked OK with the HDMI @ 720P

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Guys,

Same problem here with socket 1155 mainboard - Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 and Intel Corei7 2600. Mainboard has the latest bios (version F4). Not able to use the PC only with the HDMI interface.

- Intel HD Graphic driver version: 15.21.13.64.2342 (latest)

- TV: LG 42LH9000 (42" LG LED TV)

1. Only the TV is atteched as display

2. Bios initialization screen, bios setup and windows boot screen appear correctly on the TV, but after that I receive blank black screen.

3. After I put my scredentials to logon the system crashes with blue screen 0x00000116 but not immediately, just 30-40 sec later.

- Tried with DVI-HDMI cable attached to the DVI port of the mainboard and with HDMI-HDMI cable attached to the HDMI port of the mainboard (same issue).

- This newer intel driver is better, but still have critical bug because with the previous version I received blue screen immediately after windows logon screen or when started to use DSUB monitor and attached the HDMI or DVI later -> it was crashed the same time with this blue screen. when attached.

So Dear Intel Guys, could you solve this problem ASAP please with a new driver?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Just built a new HTPC with an Asus P8H67-M EVO motherboard (latest Asus BIOS, RealTek Audio and RealTek LAN drivers), 8GB ram, and an i5-2500K processor running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Same issue as everyone else with the latest driver. Reverting back to 2219 solves the HDMI issue on boot. I can then upgrade to 2342 and the system still works (system boots without BSOD), however I continue to experience ~1 unexplained crash per day using this driver.

Intel, we need a fix for this ASAP. My family isn't too happy with me now that their TV shows aren't recording on time due to system lock ups/crashes. I'll probably revert back to 2219 since most folks believe that one is stable.

One other issue - since I leave my HTPC on 24x7, but cycle power on my Sharp LCD TV, I sometimes end up with the resolution being reset to 1024x768 instead of 1920x1080. If I close the Windows Media Center app, the system reverts back to 1080p. Then I have to restart media center. Is there a way to force the driver to stay at 1920x1080?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I 2nd that. Intel please fix it. You've many users experiencing this problem!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi all,

I'm having a similar problem with an Intel I3 2100.

- Hardware :

CPU : Intel I3 2100

MB : ASUS P8H67-M PRO

RAM : 8GB (2 * G.Skill Extreme3 4 Go PC8500 Ripjaws F3-8500CL7S-4GBRL)

ALIM : Corsair CX 430

- Software :

Here are my observations, hoping this could help to fix this issue :

First I've used the drivers v2219 (downloadable on ASUS's website) with a SAMSUNG P2770H screen

I did not experience BSOD using HDMI but the picture was looking strange ("sharp" dunno how to describe it exactly) in 1920*1080.

When I tried to upgrade to drivers v2342 I got a BSOD during boot, before the login screen.

I thought this was maybe related to the fact that I used the ASUS driver before, so I started again with a clean install and used directly the v2342 drivers.

After the reboot the screen was black (no picture) using HDMI, but no bsod, so I plugged the DVI output to the screen too and then both output were working correctly (the system detected 2 screens ofc).

As soon as I removed the DVI output the screen gets black again on the HDMI output.

I tried to disable the second screen (DVI) with the Windows display management but when I did this the HDMI gets black exactly as if I unplug the DVI.

Finally, I tried to disable the second screen with the Intel HD Graphics driver interface ... and it worked, using only the HDMI output, in 1920*1080 and the picture looking ok, still working after a reboot, I thought the problem was fixed but ... not exacly.

I decided to move the HTPC on my TV (SAMSUNG LE32A552P3R), and I got a BSOD at boot, just changing the screen...

If I use the DVI and connect the HDMI, I get an instant BSOD.

Back to the v2219 driver, the HDMI is working in 1920*1080 but strange looking picture just as before.

Also tried a SAMSUNG P2770HD (!= P2770H) screen, no improvement.

If I use the DVI and connect the HDMI, the screen flickers multiple times (the driver crashes and get reloaded in loop) and after 20sec BSOD.

Right now I'm using the v2342 driver with the DVI output, having no better choice but this is annoying.

I don't know if this is samsung related, unfortunatly I don't have a screen from another manufacturer to try.

Hoping this can help you...

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Still looking at this folks. Have not been able to replicate the issue in our lab.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same problem here. New build:-

CPU: i3-2100

Mainboard: ASUS P8H67-M EVO

TV: Panasonic TC-P50VT25

Driver version: 8.15.10.2342

Can boot when connected with VGA cable. Crashes during booting windows when connected with HDMI cable - BSOD referencing igdkmd64.sys.

Also booted successfully connected to LCD monitor with VGA.

Please help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Guest wrote:

Same problem here. New build:-

CPU: i3-2100

Mainboard: ASUS P8H67-M EVO

TV: Panasonic TC-P50VT25

Driver version: 8.15.10.2342

Can boot when connected with VGA cable. Crashes during booting windows when connected with HDMI cable - BSOD referencing igdkmd64.sys.

Also booted successfully connected to LCD monitor with VGA.

Please help.

Followed advice of other posts and installed Version 8.15.10.2219 and it works, that is, I can now boot into Windows when connected to the TV with a HDMI cable.

I searched on the download.intel.com website and could not find version 2219. I checked the ASUS web site for my mobo - P8H67-M EVO, version 2219 is the one and only version listed (under the VGA section). So, obviously this is the one to use!

0 Kudos