Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Intel Arc on Witcher 3: wild hunt

Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi developers,

When I enabled RT in Witcher 3 in the latest version of the game. I noticed that there will be texture corruption and lighting glitches whenever I am in the cave or in the city with buildings, the video is so corrupted so that I will have to play it without RT.

My PC config is 

CPU: i7-9700

RAM: 2*16GB G.SKILL 3600 DDR4

MB: Gigabyte Z390 Designare

GPU: Intel Arc A770 16GB Limited Edition (ReBar on)

SSD: 1TB & 2TB Samsung 980 Pro(game is on the 2T one)

Driver version: 31.0.101.4887 (WHQL)

Thanks,

Bill Ge

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

We are really glad to hear that the Ray Tracing problem is now solved after installing the graphics driver 101.5081. Since the thread's main issue is now solved, we will proceed to close it. If you have any other questions, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

We see that you reported having other issues with the game when using non-RT settings with The Witcher and Toussaint; as well as experiencing problems with the VRAM write and read speed within the Arc Control Telemetry data is missing. However, since they are issues different from the one you initially reported, you should report them on different topics. Note that we recommend reporting one issue per thread to keep everything organized.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for posting back in the Intel Communities, and reporting the graphical problem you have when playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

To further research this matter, we would like to ask you for the following information:

• Could you share a screenshot of the error message you are using? We understand that this issue is when enabling Ray Tracing, but RT has multiple options when it is enabled.
  • Is it possible for you to share a video of the graphical problems you have? You mentioned that it is related to lighting glitches, however, we would like to confirm if there is any effect in the game shadows. A screenshot would be fine in case you can't record a video.
  • On the system report you shared, we noticed that your Operating System is not up to date, as the latest version is 22631, and you have version 22621. It would be ideal if you could update your Operating System and driver, as recommended on your other threads, to check if the issues remain with the latest fixes.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Jean, 

I tried out all combinations of RT options and as long as RT is on, no matter what option is on, the video is corrupted. The comparison video is attached.

Also, I have updated the driver and OS to the latest version.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

After reviewing the videos and information you provided, we want to inform you that we are currently investigating the RT issue with The Witcher 3. We are actively working on a solution for this matter; however, we are unable to provide any updated or estimated time at this moment. As it requires more effort on our part, we will continue to investigate this matter internally and will provide an update as soon as we have more information regarding your issue.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for your patience. We would like to let you know that there is a new game version and it seems to have fixed the issue. We would like to recommend you update the game to Build 4.02. Let us know the outcome after updating the game.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

We would like to check on your thread to see if you have been able to test the new game build 4.02. We want to hear from you to know if the issue is solved.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Jean,

I think currently my game is at patch 4.04 and all my test results are coming from that version. I don't think there is a way to rollback to a previous version of the game?

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for the information provided. We see that the issue occurred on the game version 4.04. Let us look into this matter internally, and we will be posting back as soon as we have an update on this matter. There is no need to revert to the previous game, as the new driver should've included the fix for this issue.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

We would like to let you know that the graphics team has confirmed that the issue is now solved with the new driver 31.0.101.5074. Please, test the game with this driver, and let us know if the issue is solved. 

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi, Jean

I have test the game on the latest WHQL driver(5081WHQL I believe) and the problem with the RT flashing is gone. However, I do observe some bizarre artifacts when using non-RT setting(others stays the same with the RT settings) in Toussaint(observed in 4953 driver as well and better on the latest driver). The video for the artifact is attached. Also, the overlay after installing the new driver now seems broken and I cannot read the VRAM write and read speed anymore.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

We are really glad to hear that the Ray Tracing problem is now solved after installing the graphics driver 101.5081. Since the thread's main issue is now solved, we will proceed to close it. If you have any other questions, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

We see that you reported having other issues with the game when using non-RT settings with The Witcher and Toussaint; as well as experiencing problems with the VRAM write and read speed within the Arc Control Telemetry data is missing. However, since they are issues different from the one you initially reported, you should report them on different topics. Note that we recommend reporting one issue per thread to keep everything organized.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos