Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20654 Discussions

Intel XE Max and Iris XE Frequent BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION igdkmnd64.sys - ACER SWIFT 3X

Laksamanafadianzr
New Contributor I

Hi, Intel I have numerous issue on my laptop and this is the worst beside the GPU that suddenly make any games crashed. I got BSOD every single day and it shows SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION igdkmnd64.sys, I have installed many drivers, both OEM and from the Acer but no luck. This is insane considering this is a new laptop. I hope this DG1 XE and 11th gen are not a prototype product.

Additionally, When I plug in my external HDD with USB 3.0, the wifi will suddenly turned off and unable to detect any wifi around even the closest router. Please fix this ASAP because I begin loosing faith on the WIFI 6 certificiation.
Screenshot 2021-01-21 120345.pngScreenshot 2021-01-21 120644.png

0 Kudos
25 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@EdS817,

While they may seem similar, every user's issues are different. You have different hardware mix, different driver mix, different installation order, etc. and etc. In addition, Intel Customer Support wants to individually track each user's issue to completion. They can't do that if you are a rider on someone else's issue (or attempting to hijack someone else's issue discussion). Please open your own conversations for your own issues (use the Post a Message button on the main (root) Intel Community page to start each). Please include a full description of your issue, the model of your laptop/pc/NUC, etc. in your post.

When presenting a new issue, if you want to save time, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select all data categories, generate the report and then have the tool Save the report to a file. Don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work. Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
daz2021
Beginner
Me too! Dell inspiron 7506 2n1. Has the iris max driver. Going to disable it until there is a definitive fix. You can fix it! I believe in you!
0 Kudos
chey
Beginner
i have same problem with you. how's your laptop now? is it back to normal again?please drop any tips 😞 thankyou.
0 Kudos
limafoxtrot
Novice

Just wanted to update on this IRIS XE MAX/Acer Swift 3X issue - had given up on this for a long time and was using alternate solutions, but have just downloaded most recent Intel drivers -> no BSODs, including with 2nd monitor attached via usb C (this was problematic before), AND able to run Warthunder without flickering edge-block artefacts (a major problem before), plus Warthunder running stable at FHD HIGH settings at 60fps (NEVER able to do this before).   

It took a while to get there, but it looks like it has happened - so thank you to Intel for that!

0 Kudos
NotMyFace
Beginner

I ran into this issue when enabling aspm for my motherboard. Using Arc A770 LE with a i5 12400. Since I enabled aspm a few days ago I have been noticing artifacting when having google chrome open, even with no other applications open and a single tab. It finally blue screened, didn't seen anything in the event viewer but did find the following in the newly generated dump file.

This issue is a recuring problem when enabling aspm as I faced the same issue a few months back. I have also contacted MSI regarding this problem.

I had power limit set to 130wats via the arc control panel and my monitor to 1080p 143.98Hz. I was unable to get idle power to get below 40w with 120Hz and 100Hz

Edit - Unable to upload dump file as I get error -  content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffa78d0d28d010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff80374856740, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc0000001, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Unable to load image igdkmdnd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmdnd64.sys

0 Kudos