Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20647 Discussions

Issue with WPF and Intel Iris XE graphics

MTLocal
Beginner

We have a machine that has a 11th gen intel I5 processor. Full Specs:

Dell Latitude 5520

11th Gen Intel Core i5-1145G7 @ 2.60 ghz

16 gig of Ram

Display driver - 31.0.101.4575 3/27/2024

When we try to run some WPF based applications, the system hangs.  It has been narrowed down by the vendor to be this specific graphics card.  We had been able to get around this when we have seen it before by turning off the Hardware Rendering and using software rendering.  But that doesn't seem to work for this machine, we get lags of 5 minutes when trying to render the screen w/software rendering.

It is similar to the issue posted here

WPF - cannot redraw page on Intel 11th Core Iris Xe Integration graphic card · Issue #3817 · dotnet/wpf · GitHub

I can provide a sample app if needed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello MTLocal, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. I just want to ask, are these apps also made using C or C# language? Are you currently developing a game or a software as well? For a much speedier investigation, after the shop diagnosed the cpu, were they able to share some insights as to why the issue is with the CPU? Please also list out the name of the apps/software affected. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
MTLocal
Beginner

The app is C#

It is a line of business application

The component of our app that fails is created by TxTextControl

TX Text Control .NET for WPF

They linked the GH issue referenced above

Their comments

Since it’s a hardware issue with the Iris Xe Integration graphic card, we’re unable to fix that from our side since we rely on WPF elements being correctly displayed and shown.

We tried several approaches in the past to change rendering, but it wasn’t possible to fix or work around the broken Intel driver.

We don’t have other solutions for improper or malfunctioning hardware drivers, sorry.

Larry

0 Kudos
MTLocal
Beginner

The app is written in C#

It is a line of business application

We have a sample app that runs fine on every other graphics card.  It hangs for 5 minutes with this card.  We had been able to get around it by switching to Software Rendering.

This is the software component we are using

TX Text Control .NET for WPF

Their team says that they have seen this before and the issue is with graphics card, again see the link above.

Larry

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello MTLocal, 

Thank you for sharing this information, upon checking we can confirm that this has been reported before. As stated in this article: Graphics failure with C# WPF 3D with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, it can be solved by downloading the latest version. However, since this is an OEM device, I can see you are already using the latest driver suggested by your Dell. To further isolate, kindly please try updating using the version 31.0.101.5382 WHQL Certified. If the issue still persists, kindly please share with us your SSU logs so we can further investigate this for you. I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you, 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello MTLocal,

I am just checking if by using the generic drivers, the issue was resolved. I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you!

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
MTLocal
Beginner

Downgrading the driver sems to have fixed it.

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello MTLocal,

I just want to confirm, may I please know the driver version that you have used in order to fix the issue? Additionally, I can sense some doubt in your post , would you like to monitor your system for a few days? I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello MTLocal,

I am just checking in if the issue is totally resolved. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos