Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20647 Discussions

Scaling fullscreen Windows 10 Intel HD 520 on an Unlocked Surface Pro 4

idata
Employee

Well, I play a lot of CS:GO, and on my Surface Pro 4, I have Intel(r) HD Graphics 520. On this Video card, though, I cant find the setting to scale fullscreen. I've looked it up, done everything to at least try, but nothing's really working. (In simplified form I want to get rid of the black bars on the sides of my screen)

So I came here, because it is my graphics provider, and im gonna ask if anyone has had the same problem. I'm trying to play on 1024 x 768 Stretched, but I can't get the "stretched" out of it. so currently playing on 16:9 display with a 4:3 resolution, I kind of need to stretch it. I had no such problem on my previous computers, though, because one had Nvidia, the other one had a improved version of these graphics, it allowed me to change the scaling options. I can't do the same on these.

I'm on a Surface Pro 4, i5 core (not sure which one), Intel(R) HD Graphics 520, 4 GB RAM, 2736 x 1824 Native Display and 128 GB SSD.

Help's appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello L0rd_playsCSGO,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

In this case, the features available may vary depending on the graphics driver you have installed (if the Microsoft's version or the generic version found in our download center).

Each computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customization or made other changes to the software or software packaging for their product. The software/driver provided by Intel is a generic version and has not been verified by your computer manufacturer as to compatibility or other operation. Intel or the computer manufacturer may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this software.

I suggest the following:

Open the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel > Display > General Settings > Under Scaling please select "Customize Aspect Ratio", once you select it, you will be prompted to move a vertical and horizontal bar to adjust the image to the screen, click on "Apply" after you have finished adjusting the image.

In case you are unable to adjust the image, I would recommend contacting Microsoft.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks JC.

Only problem: I can't find the Intel HD Graphics control panel. It would've been spoon and pie if I had, but I have not a clue. I'm going to check the UEFI sttings, see if thats going to be any help, but I can't find the Control Panel. I've checked for available update drivers, but there are none. Remember, it's an Intel® HD Graphics 520. I don't think it has a Control Panel, like most do. It's a Video card, not a Graphics Card.

Thanks for your Help,

L0rd.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi L0rd_playsCSGO,

Please make a right click on the desktop and look for "Graphics Properties" then click on it, the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel should open, from there, you can follow the steps provided before.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello L0rd_playsCSGO,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance.

If so, please don't hesitate in replying to this post.

Regards,

JC
0 Kudos