Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

why does INTELCpHDCPSvc.exe keep crashing?

BDozi
Beginner

why does INTELCpHDCPSvc.exe keep crashing?

Dell Inspirion 13, Windows 10 Home - crashes at least once a day

0 Kudos
40 Replies
MAnto6
Beginner

Hello Mike C,

Thank you. I'm looking forward to fix my issue. Thanks

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mark-E,

I have received a workaround in regards to this issue. Dell is already working on a fix.

- Launch Services.msc

- Select "Intel(R) Content Protection HDCP Service" from the list and right-click on it.

- Go to Properties.

- Change Startup type from "Manual" to "Disabled"

- Restart the system.

Let me know how it goes.

Mike C
0 Kudos
MAnto6
Beginner

Hello Mike C,

I already did your instructions. But, still the issue's there. I hope you'll find a solution for this issue. Please do something, before my system will be down. Thank you.

Best regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
MAnto6
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mark-E,

Thank you for your update, I am going to send your results to my upper level.

Mike C

0 Kudos
MAnto6
Beginner

Hello Mike C,

I'm looking forward to solve this issue. Thank you.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mark-E,

We are still working on your case with Dell. The issue is only happening with their systems; most likely this service is having a conflict with proprietary software from Dell. Our last tests did not show any performance impact on the system.

Could you please send the event log viewer results, please copy the results and paste them into notepad or any other application as .txt

Mike C
0 Kudos
LIzde
Beginner

I have a brand new XPS 13 with touch screen. Same problem.

0 Kudos
AIrvi
Beginner

Hi, I am having the same problem with my Dell Inspiron 7559. I've been getting blue screens (whea_uncorrectable_error. hal.dll showing up in BlueScreenView app) nearly every day since I got the laptop in Jan '16. Checking Dell's support assist app, it shows this program being mostly the issue too - intelcphdcpsvc

I sent my laptop back to Dell, but they blamed it on software, so it wasn't fixed.

I've had the latest dell drivers installed, then I tried to remove some Intel drivers to see if anything would change, but I still get the issue. I've now tried disabling the Intel Content Service, so I'll see how that goes

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ash_Irvin,

I am interested on your case; let me know how your workaround works.

Mike C

0 Kudos
AIrvi
Beginner

Hi, I disabled that Intel Content thing in services a couple of days ago, but I'm still getting BSODs. I've had 2 today. 1 when I was using my Wacom tablet and it shows in the windows maintenance reliability monitor that it was the Wacom Desktop Center and then another recently with my laptop idle and no peripherals connected and that one shows INTELCpHDCPSvc had crashed in Dell's SupportAssist app. Every time its the same BSOD 'Whea_uncorrectable_error' and I could be working away in Maya, surfing using Edge or Chrome, or the laptop is just sitting idle.

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ash_Irvin,

It is necessary to narrow down the issue; the error message "Whea_uncorrectable_error" usually is associated with a BIOS update missing or driver missing. I suggest you to update BIOS and all motherboard drivers.

Dell provides with custom drivers, according to the system configuration; their computers are complete systems the hardware and software are supported by their support service as well the warranty.

In regards to the error message "INTELCpHDCPSvc", please send the event log viewer results, please copy the results and paste them into notepad or any other application as .txt

Mike C
0 Kudos
AIrvi
Beginner

Hi, is it the Windows Event Viewer / Windows Logs / System section that you are after? My Bios has been the latest one for a while. Dell said they also re-flashed it

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ash_Irvin,

You are correct, it is necessary to open Windows "event viewer (Desktop app)", double check the critical error, Windows will display the details of the error. Copy and paste the error in a notepad (.txt file) and send it to me.

Mike C

0 Kudos
AIrvi
Beginner

Hi, I've attached the system log file of the critical error to this post. The most recent one happened this morning

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ash_Irvin,

Thank you for your update. I reviewed the error that you are getting; the issue is related to your operating system Windows 10: the error message is "Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power".

I suggest you update the BIOS, laptop drivers and run Windows 10 update (with a wired connection if it is possible). Also, install Dell Update, this application will scan your PC and fix any issue related to drivers or OS.

Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/drivers/advanced http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/drivers/advanced

If your PC still gives issues after above workaround, please send me the results of Intel® System Support Utility. Pre-build systems require custom drivers from their manufacturer.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
AIrvi
Beginner

Hi, I appreciate your help on my laptop issue.

There wasn't any bios updates to install from Dell, and my drivers and windows updates are all up to date. It shows 2 updates available (intel serial IO driver and Management Engine) in the Dell SupportAssist app but I reinstalled them (repaired installation with a new downloaded file) and it still shows those updates available, so I'm assuming it's an issue with Dell's SupportAssist app.

Ash

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ash_Irvin,

I suggest you to narrow down the issue; run Dell's diagnostic tool (Full Test), it will scan your system for errors. It will fix any driver or OS configuration. The tool will bring you an error code if there is anything wrong. So you will be able to contact Dell and request for help in regards to the issue.

Dell's diagnostic tool (Full Test)

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/diagnose http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/diagnose

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
AIrvi
Beginner

Hi Mike,

I understand this no longer seems to be an issue with the original post, so I appreciate your help on the matter.

Unfortunately, I've already done all the driver updates and dell extensive tests from Dell's site, their SupportAssist app and through the bios a number of times and it finds nothing, so I'm really lost.

I'll keep trying though, unless I just sell it.

Cheers again,

Ash

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ash_Irvin,

I appreciated your feedback. I am sorry your operating system is giving you this error and Dell application is not telling you what the problem is.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos