Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Compiler 2024.1 doesn't work in VS 2017

yuzhang3_intel

The user reported that the compiler 2024.1 doesn't work in VS 2017. I moved the issue from the Analyzers forum to here. The details are described as below.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Theo-at-Stillwater

Trying to use Intel Advisor and none of the tutorial examples work:

1>------ Build started: Project: Vectorization_Advisor, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(67,5): error MSB8020: The build tools for Intel C++ Compiler 18.0 (Platform Toolset = 'Intel C++ Compiler 18.0') cannot be found. To build using the Intel C++ Compiler 18.0 build tools, please install Intel C++ Compiler 18.0 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution".

and retargeting doesn't do anything:

Upgrading project 'Vectorization_Advisor'...
Retargeting End: 1 completed, 0 failed, 0 skipped

Same with the vec_samples code. The matvec prototype definitions are all wrong

0 Kudos
yuzhang3_intel

It looks like an error occurred when building the sample, right? Have you checked if you have installed the Intel  DPC++/C++ compiler?

0 Kudos
Theo-at-Stillwater

I used the official Intel installer, and that reports that the DPC++ compiler is installed.

The Intel oneAPI docs suggest that you create a new project using the Intel VS integration, which I did for the Base Vector Add sample, and that is when the errors show up.

0 Kudos
yuzhang3_intel

Since the error happened when building the sample using the Intel compiler integrated into VS, I hope you can get help from the compiler owner here, thanks.

0 Kudos