Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

How to redistribute TBB for both 32 & 64?

meldaproduction
Beginner

Hi, my software are DLLs, placed in the system directory (actually C:/Windows as this seems to be the only reliable one and even Microsoft eventually agreed). Now I may want to take advantage of TBB, but the problem is, I just don't know how to redistribute it - the file for both 32-bit and 64-bit version is called tbb.dll and placing it into C:/Windows/System32 could work, but from my experience it is hazardous. How to do that? I'd actually like to use a static version, but well, there's none...

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_P_1234567890

hello, are your libraries 32 bit, 64 bit or universal one? Usually developers put arch specific tbb libraries next to arch-specific developers' libraries

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
meldaproduction
Beginner

Hi, the libraries are 32 and 64 for Windows (there is no "universal" one, on OSX there is though). And the DLLs need to be present in a global PATH, so C:/Windows, so that's where the tbb.dll would go, but since there is no tbb64.dll or something, there's not much I can do.

0 Kudos