Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

icc: Command line warning: no action performed for specified file(s)

avamuos18
Beginner
my program has 7 modules..the warning comes for 2 files oct.c and dataoct.c which have their corresponding header files oct.h and dataoct.h..
the above warning comes only when i run the program in an icc compiler..gcc compiler runs it fine..also making a struct octtree *tree global the way we had done it in the gcc compiler is not being possible..

could anyone tell me if there is any difference in the way we globalise a structure in gcc and icc compilers???

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
"no action performed..." normally comes about when specifying -c option and including .o files. gcc simply doesn't issue a warning, but performs the same action/inaction as icc. So you should at least show the command which produces this.
For your second issue, I don't see how we can guess what you are doing. Are you using a gcc extension? "globalize" seems more like economic than software jargon. A few gcc extensions have lost viability due to conflict with C99 standard. You could check this by testing stricter options in gcc.
0 Kudos