Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Adding OpenVino to a new project

wsla
Beginner

I am trying to add OpenVino to C++ dll project, which will be used in an existing C# Windows application. I can build and run all samples using Visual Studio 2017. Now, I tried creating a new C++ dll project, but I can't figure out how to include all of the references to OpenVino libraries. Is there any manual/tutorial how to add it to new projects? I tried copying settings from the sample, but I am getting bunch of errors, and solving one brings out even more..

0 Kudos
27 Replies
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hi Terry,

Thank you for the minimal repro. I compiled both the library and test app and seems to work fine. I am getting no errors. i am not sure what the issue is you are seeing. Try to add some more code and may load a network and even run inference. Does it work? For example:

Class5::Class5()
    {
       CNNNetReader network_reader;
       network_reader.ReadNetwork("text-detection-0001.xml");
       network_reader.ReadWeights("text-detection-0001.bin");
       network_reader.getNetwork().setBatchSize(1);
       CNNNetwork network = network_reader.getNetwork();

Cheers,

Nikos

0 Kudos
Lee__Terry
Beginner

Hi Nikos,

There will not be any error when compile and run. However, the data is not right. If you look into the network_reader/actual, all three fields are empty(see attachment on the lat post).

Can you verify if that is the case?

Thanks,

Terry

0 Kudos
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hi Terry,

>  If you look into the network_reader/actual, all three fields are empty(see attachment on the lat post).

I would ignore this for now, as there are no errors, and try to add more code to load your network and run inference. Does it work? if not what is the error?

> Can you verify if that is the case?

I added more code and I can see network loading. I even got and error as the path to the xml was not correct. Then I fixed the path issue and everything was fine so it seems to me it worked fine. Will add more code to run inference too.

Cheers,

Nikos

0 Kudos
Lee__Terry
Beginner

Hi Nikos,

It's working. I'm able to cover a sample program from EXE to DLL using c++/cli and c#.

You are right, we can ignore the reading on network_reader/actual parameters. 

I took a lot of trial and error and I'm not sure what I did to get it working at the end. 

Thanks a lot for all your helps. I'm working on adding NCS2 to an exiting product to increase the processing power. I'm getting a bit closer.

Thanks,

Terry

0 Kudos
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hi Terry,

You are welcome!  I am glad this worked for you.

Happy OpenVino-ing :-)

Cheers,

Nikos

0 Kudos
kao__mars
Beginner

Hi Terry & Nikos,

I have the same issue with dll and exe convert. When i generate the dll library, the "netReader.ReadNetwork" can't load the model file(xml/bin) but in exe program it can read successful (the path & file is the same).  Any suggestion to solve this issue?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
kao__mars
Beginner

Hi all,

I found that it's failed on "class CNNNetReader -> ReadNetwork()".

It's seems that CNNNetReader can't initial the "std::shared_ptr<ICNNNetReader> actual". If i build for execution file it's works well, but  still failed in dll project on this step..

Thanks.

0 Kudos