Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28465 Discussions

Alternative solution for Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows 2020

Lilangi
Beginner

Hi team, 

I have been using Visual Studio 2017 Professional with Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows 2020 (under 30-day evaluation period) for my work (running a model written in Fortran). I was able to compile my model and run successfully.

However, after my 30-day evaluation period has been expired, I have not been able to get the license for the product as through searching what I realised is the product is no longer being distributed to purchase but the alternative option is to install Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit together with Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit as they contain all the tools in Parallel Studio XE and more. 

After installing the above (Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit together with Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit), still I am not able to compile by model in Visual Studio 2017 Professional and the same error with regard to Fortran Compiler expiration appears and I would really appreciate it if you could provide a solution for me to overcome this issue urgently.

Best, 

Lilangi Wijesinghe

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IanH
Honored Contributor II

You need to update Visual Studio to a version (say 2022) that the OneAPI packaged compiler supports.  Are you able to use the Visual Studio Community edition?

(You can also get away with command line only support with the free Visual Studio build tools.)

0 Kudos
Lilangi
Beginner

Hi Ian, 

I haven't used Visual Studio Community edition yet.

The model which I am using was initially executable in Visual Studio 2013 with Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1. By the time it was shared with me, as the Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1 was not available, I started using Visual Studio 2017 +  Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows 2020 which was successful to run the model. 

I will try in Visual Studio Community edition and see.

Thanks,

Lilangi

0 Kudos