Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26756 Discussions

Devenv to run intel fortran coverage report

awa5114
Beginner

Devenv is specifically designed to control a wide array of Visual Studio features from outside Visual Studio using cmd or Powershell for example.

I have been able to build and execute Intel Fortran 16 solutions using only devenv and without opening Visual Studio using a command as follows:

devenv MySolution.sln /Build internal_release

I would like to ask if it is also possible to run a coverage report also using devenv? I need coverage reports from several test runs so that I can then compare them using an html/xml diff tool.

Thanks for your consideration.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
awa5114
Beginner

Anyone?

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

You could create a project configuration with a custom build step that invokes the codecov tool. It would probably need to specify the .spi files as input and the .html file as output. I'm just winging this - I think it could be made to work but have never tried it myself. Then once you have it, use devenv to run it.

That said, it seems like a rather convoluted method since you can run codecov yourself, and I think you can get better control over the inputs and outputs.