Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28463 Discussions

Intel Fortran 7.1 Breaks Compaq Fortran 6.6

hweisberg
Beginner
After I installed Intel Fortran 7.1, an old project wouldn't compile under Compaq Fortran 6.6. The problem seemed to be that the compiler was getting the wrong DFWIN.MOD file.

Intel Fortran 7.1 changes environment variables such as PATH, INCLUDE, etc. I couldn't figure out how to fix the problem by restoring these environment variables and undoing any other changes that may have been made.

As a temporary fix I changed the name of the following folder:

C:Program FilesintelCompiler70IA32Include

How can I arrange so I can use either compiler?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
If you're using Developer Studio for CVF, go into Tools..Options..Directories. For each of the types of directories (Executable, Library, Include), remove the Intel Fortran paths.

If you're using the command line, the simplest way to deal with it is to not define the environment variables system wide and start your command prompt session with the shortcut for the appropriate product - it's "Fortran Command Prompt" in CVF; I forget what it is offhand for Intel Fortran (don't have it installed at home where I am now.) This will define the appropriate set of environment variables for the compiler you want to use.

Steve
0 Kudos
hweisberg
Beginner
Thanks! Now I can compile Fortran in both environments.
0 Kudos