Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28465 Discussions

Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2018 Update 2: Issue with double-click on a Microsoft Visual Studio solution (.sln) file

FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

With Parallel Studio XE 2018 Update 2, is anyone else experiencing a problem where double-clicking on a Visual Studio solution (.sln) file leads to Visual Studio 2017 "not responding"?

hang.png

After a long wait at the above state, if one tries to close Visual Studio 2017, the following results. 

crash.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I hope the team can figure out why it broke again and come up with a solution that is more robust. I understand that interfaces can break, but Microsoft is usually pretty good about this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Issue will be fixed (again) in 18.0 U4 and 19.0 release.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I hope the team can figure out why it broke again and come up with a solution that is more robust. I understand that interfaces can break, but Microsoft is usually pretty good about this.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_1
Beginner

My company has a very convoluted/difficult process of installing software. I am trying to figure out if we should go with Visual Studio 2017 and PSXE 2018 update 3 now or wait for update 4.

Also is there any particular version of  Visual Studio 2017 that should be avoided or is suggested?

Thanks for your expertise and advise.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Edward Z. wrote:

I am trying to figure out if we should go with Visual Studio 2017 and PSXE 2018 update 3 now or wait for update 4.

Also is there any particular version of  Visual Studio 2017 that should be avoided or is suggested?

Thanks for your expertise and advise.

Please refer to this article for supported versions of VS 2017:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-compilers-integration-support-for-microsoft-visual-studio-2017 

0 Kudos