Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

List of all declared variables

afterburner
Beginner
I have written several Subroutines within the Visual Studio integration of Intel Visual Fortran. Unfortenately I lost overview of all declared and used variables.

Is there an easy way to get a complete list of all variables which are used/declared within one or several subroutines? Would be glad for help because I have been trying to find an answer without any success.
0 Kudos
20 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
No, sorry. This is still on our wish-list.
0 Kudos
anthonyrichards
New Contributor III
I sem to recall such lists and calling trees being available when I was using an FTN compiler on CDC CYBER 6600/7600machines in the sixties.....Since one had to debug one's own programs manually then, such lists were essential.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
One thing you can try is to build an alternate configuration with Static Verifier enabled. This will warn you of undeclared or unused variables. See the on-disk documentation for details on how to do this.
0 Kudos
hansr
Beginner
For this and others i use ftnchek. (newline) Look at http://www.dsm.fordham.edu/~ftnchek/ (newline) Hans (newline) How can I get a linefeed? .
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Hans,

In the forum message you use Shift-Enter
to get a return/linefeed and use Enter

to get a paragraph break.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
hansr
Beginner
Jim, thanks, but neither Schift-Enter nor only Enter changes the line (neither Opera nor IExplorer) Hans
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Strange,

Must be a cleaverly hidden setting.

Try writing your post in NOTEPAD or WORDPAD an then either pasting it into the message window or using the icon labled C++ to paste the text into the message window.

Jim

0 Kudos
hansr
Beginner
Jim, with Textpad it doesn't do. Now I follow your advice with notepad and we see the result. Thanks Hans
0 Kudos
hansr
Beginner
Jim, now I'm trying with notepad+ . Where can I find "the icon labled C++" ? Thanks Hans
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Compose in notepad, Copy message to clipboard

Select all (Ctrl-A), Copy to clipboard (Ctrl-C).

Using your browser, browse to forum and message of interest, click on reply. The browser will open a message composition web page. Using IE, the last icon listed in the tool bar is a box (button) with something that looks like:

______
|------|
|--|
|C++ |
------

Clicking on that button pastes the clipboard into the message window with line feeds (without the larger vertical paragraph separation).

The additional advantage of using notepad is that if the dang web page times out on your composition (often does) you won't loose a nicely composed message.

Going the other way, if source code is in the forum message, and if you wish to copy into sample program, I find using WordPad a better choice as an intermediary between paste and save as.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
hansr
Beginner
Jim, sorrrry, but there is no tool bar with a button like you described. Maybe my IE 6 is tooooo old. I try to add a screenshot. So much effort for such a ..... Thanks Hans
0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Hm. There's supposed to be a fairly large toolbar between the "Message" title and the edit box. And I see it with both Firefox 2 and IE 6. Maybe it's due to a combination of your (Java)Script/Security/whatever settings (however, I don't know which ones, even if I'm on a right track)?
0 Kudos
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II

Hans,

The C++ icon is not on the IE toolbar but on far right of the Intel toolbar -between "Message" and the box where I am typing now. (Seen when you click "Reply" to one of these posts)

Hopefully I have successfully attached a screenshot.

Les

Also. When I am typing here in the reply box :
ctrl-Enter goes down to next line.

Enter on its own goes down a paragraph spacing

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
That screenshot suggests that JavaScript is disabled.
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

What I see is this--------------------------------------------------------------^

Jim

0 Kudos
hansr
Beginner
Now with Javascript activated: directly written in Message window. And moved from Notepad: No linefeed. Hans
0 Kudos
hansr
Beginner
No chance. Neither in IE 6 nor in Opera 9.24 can I get the nice toolbar showed by Les and Jim. All security points are disabled. Thank you all. Please excuse, if my further posts are without linefeeds. Hans
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Curious. Please go to http://centralops.net/asp/co/BrowserMirror.vbs.asp and copy and paste what it says from the header Client-Side Scripting through the line starting with "browser".

For what it's worth, this forum is likely to change to a vBulletin-based one sometime next year. This should alleviate many of the forum issues people have.
0 Kudos
hansr
Beginner
Steve, I attach the mirror results, because it is better readable so. (It is a nice tool). Thanks Hans
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Please send me an email at steve.lionel at intel.com so I can put you in touch with our forum tech support people so we can find out what is going on.
0 Kudos