Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28463 Discussions

Need 32bit libraries on 64bit Ubuntu

Brian_A_
Novice

I am trying to install IFC 2013 update 6 on my Ubuntu 16 64 bit version.

I need to get the 32 bit libraries installed.   I thought that I had them all install, but the IFC installer is still complaining.

32-bit libraries not found on this system.
This product release requires the presence of 32-bit compatibility libraries
when running on Intel(R) 64 architecture systems. One or more of these libraries
could not be found:
    libstdc++ (including libstdc++6)
    glibc
    libgcc
Without these libraries, the compiler and the debugger will not function
properly.  Please refer to Release Notes for more information.

Please help.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
rkoto
Beginner

If you don't need 32 bit support, just go into manually configure the install GUI and uncheck support for 32bit.

0 Kudos
Michael_S_17
New Contributor I

If you don't need 32 bit support, just go into manually configure the install GUI and uncheck support for 32bit.

This may not help: I did already deselect 32-bit support earlier because I do not need it with my programming on 64-bit Ubuntu. The Intel Parallel Studio itself does seem to require the 32-bit libraries on 64-bit systems, and they do not seem to be installed by default on fresh Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 installations. The only solution that I am aware of is the above mentioned installation of libc6-dev-i386 on Ubuntu. (Also, I did use an Intel core and not an AMD system).

cheers

0 Kudos