Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28459 Discussions

Property Sheet Pages vs Tab Control w/ Dialogs

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Windows newbie here:
Is itpossibleto use property sheet pages with Visual Fortran ?
Can anyone share the love with some guidance ? samples ?
This question arises from having a tabbed dialog with four tabs &
the same controls on each tab to gather very similar input from the
user.
Thanks to all.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II

Well, it is possible, but I'm not aware of any samples. You will have to use pure Win32 for that, though -- no DFLOGM. Iused to study the docs, so it's not terribly hard -- depends on how much you are familiar with Win32 dialog handling in general (i.e. how much of a newbie you are :smileyhappy:). Platform SDKUser Interface ServicesWindows common ControlsProperty Sheets chapter describes property sheets and has some code snippets (in C). Now,

Onthe other hand, there are samples with tabbed dialogs using DFLOGM-- see SHOWFONT in SamplesDialog. I don't think there are any problems even if all your child dialogs are identical -- you can use the same dialog template (e.g. IDD_CHILDDLG1) for all n dialogs if you wish -- you only should launch appropriate number of child dialogs via DlgModeless.

The end result won't be much differentusing both methods. (Property sheets additionally offer Ctrl+Tab processing, but one can live without it).

In any case, take care to assign "Child", "Control", "Control parent", "No border", and "No caption"styles to child dialogs -- it's required in both methods.

HTH

Jugoslav

0 Kudos