Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28467 Discussions

Visual Studio trying to re-link app when running it in debug mode

Gustavo_C_1
Beginner

Hi there,

I don't know why this is happening. I can successfully build a (VS) project consisting of two static libraries and one executable. I can run the (command line) app and everything seems OK. Now, when I try to launch it from Visual Studio for debugging (with F5 or pressing the "play" button), VS will always try to build the exe again and the link will fail with basically everything being "unresolved external symbol". This never happened to me before and I think it is related with the fact that I've been altering the PATH. Could this be the case?

What I have in the path and which seems to be related with IVF is (I purposefully removed the mpirt entries.)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32\compiler;

Is there anything obvious missing? I have VS 2012 and IVF 2013 Update 3 (Windows 10).

I already created a new VS solution with its projects from scratch and the problem persists.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

After building and running from the command line environment, launch Visual Studio from the same command window by typing "devenv", instead of from the Start menu or a desktop shortcut, and then try debugging.

0 Kudos
Gustavo_C_1
Beginner

I did as you say and it didn't resolve the issue. I did a installation repair on IVF and also created a new VS solution with new projects and it is now back to normal. Unfortunately I can't say what was the problem. I also now suppressed the creation of a manifest file because it was resulting in error. I think it was only a classic case of PEBCAK.

Thanks anyway,

Gustavo.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Gustavo C. wrote:

I also now suppressed the creation of a manifest file because it was resulting in error..

The Mt error is normally a virus checker problem. Switch off virus check for the folder where you make the exe and the problem should go away.

0 Kudos