Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28464 Discussions

runtime problems with PSBLAS library

Hossein_T_
Beginner

Hello,

About two years ago I reported ifort F03 compilation issues with  PSBLAS library (http://people.uniroma2.it/salvatore.filippone/psblas/). With Intel 2015, the compilation issues are solved but there are runtime problems. I have also tried the Ifort 2016 Beta and same problem occurs. PSBLAS is usable with several other compilers (such as GNU/IBM/CRAY) other than Intel. We are thoroughly using Intel Compilers for research and using PSBLAS will save us big time for not reinventing the wheel.

Is there any kind promise/timeline the Intel developers can give to finally fix these bugs?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Please provide details we can use to reproduce the problem, and describe the "bugs" you have observed.

0 Kudos
Hossein_T_
Beginner

I am using psblas-3.3.3/test/pargen/ppde2d   to test.

To Build in Ubuntu 14.04, Intel fortran 16.0.0 Beta:

PSBLAS Build
./configure --enable-serial  F90COPT=-g
make

cd psblas-3.3.3/test/pargen/
make

cd runs/
./ppde2d < ppde.inp

--------------------------------------------------------------
 Welcome to PSBLAS version: 3.3.3
 This is the pde2d90 sample program
Solving matrix       : ell1
Grid dimensions      :   100 x   100
Number of processors : 1
Data distribution    : BLOCK
Preconditioner       : BJAC                
Iterative method     : BICGSTAB            

Generating Matrix (size=10000)...
--------------------------------------------------------------

This is abnormal termination. To trace back the problem: In the subroutine "psb_d_csall" in file "serial/impl/psb_d_mat_impl.F90", near line 600, in the "call a%set_bld()", the compiler is not able choose "subroutine  psb_d_set_bld(a)" to run.

0 Kudos