Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2162 Discussions

linkage failure "_ZSt20__throw_length_errorPKc" when generating entry table.

sharronliu
Employee

When using OpenMP offload to accelerate my source codes, the module creation failed with a message "unresolved external symbol _ZSt20__throw_length_errorPKc". Could you suggest which library shall be linked, and how to tell the backend to link such library at runtime? Thanks.

The linkage error was found with either OPENCL or LEVEL0 backend.

OPENCL message: error : unresolved external symbol _ZSt20__throw_length_errorPKc at offset 396 in instructions segment #0 (aka kernel : __omp_offloading_10302_c20099__ZN3pcl29GreedyProjectionTriangulationINS_11PointNormalEE19reconstructPolygonsERSt6vectorINS_8VerticesESaIS4_EE_l359)
Target OPENCL RTL --> Error: Failed to link program: -42

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the Intel forums.

Could you please provide us with the sample reproducer and steps to reproduce the issue at our end?

Could you also please provide us the details of the OS, GPU, compiler, and compiler version you have been using?

Thanks & Regards

Shivani 

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

As we didn't hear back from you, Could you please provide the details that have been asked in my previous post so that we can investigate more on your issue?

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance please raise a new question.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos