Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
437 Discussions

SSD not detected in win 10 installation

viciumartis
Beginner

So from HP I have downloaded storage drivers and extracted them on usb for win 10 64 bit and when I initialize install now from bootable USB under load drivers I can find them but when I chose to install them every each of them it just insalling and then it pops out message driver not found/installed..

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. No need to add any drivers to the installation media USB. I suggest you install Windows using the following method:
2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. This will install the latest version.
3. Your bios should be set to default settings. 
4. With the installation media inserted into the  USB slot, power ON your computer and repeatedly press relevant key (depends or computer model) to get Boot Menu.

5. In this menu, choose the UEFI option of your Installation media.
6. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation.
7. In para. 9 you may enter the Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought .
8. Skip on para. 14 and continue in para. 15. Important, do not format the drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
9. Press Next and continue with the installation.

10.Once you finished the Windows 10 installation, you should download and install all drivers for your computer.
The drivers you may find on HP Download Page for your computer. You have to manually download and install the Chipset Device Software as a first driver. Once you have this driver installed, reboot your computer and continue with the other drivers (Graphics, WiFi, etc,...). The sequence of the installation is now not important and you must reboot your computer only once, after the last driver is installed.

Leon

0 Kudos
viciumartis
Beginner
Don't have win os installed so can't create with media creation tool, I'm Linux user..but I would love to uave ability to install it alongside in the future, to have prepared media for installation and by the way what is NUC..?
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Disregard word NUC and replace with 'computer' (NUC was Intel's mini computer). 

Leon

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Vicimartis,

Greetings for the day!

Could you kindly share the model name of the SSD for further investigation?

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Vicimartis,

Greetings for the day!

We are following upon the case.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Vicimartis,

Greetings for the day!

We are following upon the case.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
viciumartis
Beginner

Thanks to all of your support but finally managed the drivers from website..

0 Kudos
Sachinks
Employee

Hello viciumartis,

Good day!

Glad to hear that you were able to get the drivers. Kindly confirm if we can close this thread.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello viciumartis,

Good day!

Glad to hear that you were able to get the drivers. Kindly confirm if we can close this thread.

Regards,

Vijay N

0 Kudos