Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Conduit roles

omerc
Beginner

Hello Everyone, 

I hope all you are doing great!

My question is: I have one component with a conduit which has 3 signals with  3 distinct roles: 

component1:

conduit1   -  Conduit

Name Role Width Direction Description
c1_s1 enable 1 Output no description
c1_s2 valid 1 Output no description
c1_s3 data 32 Output no description

And I have another component with 2 conduits but matching roles to the other component's conduit roles' : 

component2:

conduit1  -  Conduit

c2_s1 valid 1 Input no description

conduit2  -  Conduit

c2_s2 data 32 Input

no description

Now can I connect those two latter conduits to the first conduit and hope Qsys will automatically recognize and connect the lines based on roles? 

sthg like this:

add_connection compnent1.conduit1 component2.conduit1
add_connection component1.conduit1 component2.conduit2

what I would like to have in the end is have the signals connected:

c1_s2 connected to  c2_s1

c1_s3 connected to c2_s2

(c1_s1 no connection.)

Can I do it in this way?

If not, what would be the way to achieve this connectivity in the end given such conduit and signal arrangement?

Best Regards,

Ömer.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @omerc 

I don't see any problem for now.

Do make sure that to connect two conduit interfaces inside Platform Designer( formerly called qsys), the following conditions must be met:
• The interfaces must match exactly with the same signal roles and widths.
• The interfaces must be the opposite directions.
• Clocked conduit connections must have matching associatedClocks on each of their endpoint interfaces.

Reference:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qps-platform-designer.pdf#page=180

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that I have answered your question. 
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos