Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16616 Discussions

How to install USB Blaster ii drivers for Parallels 18 (Windows 11) running on MacBook M1?

NaGPT
Beginner

I am working with the DE10 Nano kit for my current project.
I have installed Quartus Prime Lite Edition (22.1std.0.915) inside Parallel Desktop 18 (Win 11) running on MacBook M1 (Ventura). I could compile the projects but faced issues deploying them to the FPGA. 

The Hardware Setup does not detect the DE-SoC (USB-1) as indicated in how-to-program-your-first-fpga-device. The device Manager of Parallels-Win11 shows an unknown device with a yellow icon. It appeared that it was looking for USB Blaster-ii drivers. I have not been able to find suitable drivers for ARM64. I receive the prompt "Windows was unable to install your Unknown Device" for all the drivers I tried from the internet. The drivers present inside the quartus/drivers/usb-blaster-ii directory also have the same problem. I believe that all those drivers are possibly incompatible with the Win11+MacM1 system. It could well be OS & Driver problem than the Quartus problem.

Any proven workaround suggestions would be really appreciated.

NaGPT_0-1689010958762.png

NaGPT_0-1689010705761.pngNaGPT_1-1689010745690.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

-Are you using USB Blaster I or USB Blaster II?

-Do you have another good working USB Blaster to test?

-Can you try to connect the current USB Blaster to another board?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos