Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

My design worked with Quartus 7 but does not with quartus 11

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone, 

I have a design that work with Quartus 7 but when I re-synthesized that same design with Quartus 11, it does not work anymore. For those of you who have already faced the same problem, could you tell me where could be the problem? (timing analysis?) 

Regards, 

Ny
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Both version also outdated. please stop all the effort as this is wasting of your time.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Both version also outdated. please stop all the effort as this is wasting of your time. 

--- Quote End ---  

There are many valid reasons to stick with a specific version, no matter how old they are. There may be device support or core support issues (IP cores tend to have feature changes between versions). If a product has been shipped with a specific quartus version, people tend to stick with the same tool version for any tweaks to reduce any risks of the design breaking. Ive had to modify a design in Max Plus 2 because it just would not compile in quartus. 

to the OP: what doesnt work? did it compile? did it pass timing analysis? What was the problem? have you tried the newest version?
0 Kudos