Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16613 Discussions

OpenCL SDK 16.0 not generating all the files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

I am using Altera OpenCL SDK 16.0 on Ubuntu 16.04. Though I know its not officially supported on Ubuntu but I made some small changes to the PCIe driver files and was able to install all the components successfully. 

Now I am trying to use AOC to compile NDrange kernel and I see that some files likes <kernel_name>.area (which reports kernel specific resource utilization) are not being generated. Also there is no <your_kernel_filename>/reports/report.html file generated either (no "reports" directory is created) as claimed by the documentation. Running the tool as root does not have any effect. 

Could this be happening due to the tool's incompatibility with the Ubuntu Operating System or might I be missing something (like compile time flags)? I am compiling with the following flags to check area consumption: 

aoc -v -c -g <path_to_kernel_file> 

Have these features been deprecated and not updated in the programming guide and best practices guide?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Your problem is that you are using Quartus 16.0 while you are reading the documentation for 16.1. The new report which is automatically generated during compilation and is put in the "reports" folder was added in AOC 16.1. For any version below that, you have to manually run "aocl analyze-area" on the aoco/aocx file to get the report.

0 Kudos