Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16619 Discussions

Quartus II ver 13 - no devices available after installation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I ran a new installation of QII V13 on my machine, and included the installation of all device types. After installation, the device files are in C:\altera\13.0sp1\quartus\common\devinfo as expected.  

When I launch QII and try to specify a device for my project, there are no devices available. How do I fix this?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Download them from Altera's website. https://www.altera.com/download -> "Select by Device"

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Found the problem. The issue was that my system was pointing to a down-level license file. Until I upgraded to a v13-compatible license file, the devices were not available even though the device files were properly installed. Once I up-leveled my license file, everything was fine. 

The interesting thing is that Q 13.0 (SP1) came alive and allowed me to open and use Qsys... I didn't even notice the problem until I tried to build the sopc system. When the build didn't work, my first thought was that I hadn't assigned a device and that might be why the build failed. It was when I went to assign a device to the project that I noticed no devices (in any family) were available.
0 Kudos