Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

USB Blaster not working properly

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So, I need to get my Board Programmed for a project due next week. I've installed the drivers and everything has seemed to work fine. I went to start programming the board, and when I tried to connect to the USB Blaster adapter it could not be found. In the "Hardware Select" Menu It said there was "No Hardware". I thought, that's not right I just installed the hardware. Then I went to Add Hardware to see if that might be what went wrong. Nope. There it only said "Hardware Type" "ByteBlasterMV or ByteBlaster II" or "Ethernet Blaster". Neither of which could be used in my case. This was getting a little ridiculous. I've been scouring the internet looking for a solution, but I can't seem to find one. 

Some Information: 

I think that I installed the correct driver, it shows up as "Altera USB-Blaster" in Device Manager. 

I am using Windows 7 64bit Proffesional version. 

I have tried Quartus II 6.0, just the Quartus II 12.1 stand-alone programmer, and Quartus II 12.1 subscription edition. 

I am trying to use this with the Altera Stratix II GX board.
0 Kudos
0 Replies