Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

how to install offline oneAPI related visual studio extensions

shu1ikn
Beginner

I am using Visual Studio Professional 2022 in an environment which the Internet access is unavailable.
To develop a software using oneAPI Base ToolKit, I got the offline installer from the folloing webcite and tried to install it, but an error occurs in Finalizing phase. The log is not displayed even after clicking the Show Log button.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit-download.html?operatingsystem=window&distributions=offline

It seems that oneAPI is installed, but the Visual Studio extensions are not installed, therefore I cannot find "Intel Libraries for oneAPI" in the project properties on the Visual Studio.

For comparison, I installed Visual Studio Professional 2022 in an environment which the Internet access is available, and tried to install the oneAPI using offline installer.
The installation was done successfully. During the installation, I also checked the behavior during the Finalizing phase using Task Manager.
I confirmed that VSIXInstaller.exe was launched from the installer, and the VSIXIntaller.exe was accessing the Internet.
Comparing the results of the two installations, the following extensions were not installed in the former.
- Intel Advisor 2024
- Intel C++ Compiler
- Intel Libraries for one oneAPI
- Intel oneAPI DPC++ Compiler
- Intel oneAPI Menu & Samples
In Visual Studio Marketplace, only the extension for Intel C++ Compiler was found.
Other extensions could not be also found in an Internet search.
Where can I get offline installers for these extensions? Or is there a way to install them from the oneAPI offline installer?

We would appreciate it if you could help me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Juhi_B_Intel

Hi, Do you have priority support? If so I would recommend opening a ticket at 

Online Service Center: https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

so we can better serve your request about a modified oneAPI installer or provide an appropriate workaround.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
shu1ikn
Beginner
I found the following issue concerning the similar problem.

Referring to the comment, I tried to install with the following instruction, and installed successfully.
(1) Uninstall Windows Software Development Kit
(2) Uninstall Visual Studio Professional 2022 using "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\InstallCleanup.exe"
(3) Install Visual Studio Professional 2022 (under 17.7) excluding Windows 11 SDK
   I used 17.6.2 and only selected "Desktop development with C++" on Workloads, and turn off "Windows 11 SDK"
(4) Install OneAPI BaseKit 2024.0.1
(5) Update Visual Studio Professional 2022 to the latest version

It's now possible to develop a software using oneAPI at this time, although minor problem (Dialogue "The samples feed is empty." appears when launching) remains.
But the above installation procedure is very complicated and time-consuming.
I'd like to get a modified oneAPI offline installer that can install everything without internet connection in the latest version of Visual Studio, and I'd like to know how to disappear the dialog when launching.

0 Kudos
Juhi_B_Intel

Hi, Do you have priority support? If so I would recommend opening a ticket at 

Online Service Center: https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

so we can better serve your request about a modified oneAPI installer or provide an appropriate workaround.

0 Kudos