Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6985 Discussions

Building Pardiso example code using EM64T libraries

Wesley_M_
Beginner
I am attempting to build the example code from the documentation for Pardiso using the x64 compiler in Visual Studio 2008 (I'm programming in C++). I have the code working under WIN32, but whenever I try to build under the x64 configuration, I get the following error telling me that Pardiso isn't linking properly:
PardisoProg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol PARDISO referenced in function main

I am linking the following EM64T libraries for the build that doesn't work:
libguide40.lib
mkl_em64t.lib
mkl_solver.lib

I have also set the Preprocessor Definitions to WIN64 instead of WIN32. What else should I be doing to make this work? Do the datatypes in the function call change when building for 64 bit? Just FYI, I am very new to building for the EM64T platform, so I am guessing there is something pretty simple that I am just missing. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sergey_P_Intel2
Employee

Dear Ross,

The problem ofcompiling your program with EM64T libraries should be solved by linking

mkl_solver_lp64.lib

instead of

mkl_solver.lib.

Unfortunately MKLUser's Guideis out-of-date and this bugin documentation will be fixedfor theMKL 10 Update 3.

All the best,

Sergey

0 Kudos