Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Conflict with PGI threads on Linux

artkula
Beginner

Hello everybody,

I am trying to link MKLwith my Fortran/C application whichpartly based onthreaded precompiled PGI libraries. Platform is EMT64t. The sequential version works fine,the multithreaded on 1 proc runs well too. When I use more than 1 processor, the PGI part fails due to some conflicts between threads within PGI part. I tried both libiomp5.a and libguide.so, the result was the same.

Here is my linking keys for MKL -lmkl_solver -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_em64t -lguide -lpthread (linker pgf90)

In this documentI found that MKL is supposed to have a special library for PGI threads, namely libmkl_pgi_thread.a, but it wasnot included in distributable mediafor the latest release of MKL. Would you please tell how I could get it? Maybe there is an alternative workaround.

I will appreciate any feedback.

Kind regards,

Artem

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Check the beta version of MKL offered at the top of the forum. I have seen the pgi_thread library in another version of the beta.
0 Kudos
artkula
Beginner
Thank you, Tim. Indeed, I found the library in the beta version. I linked against it, but the problem is persistent. I also found through ldd that that myprogram still depends on libmkl_intel_thread.so (and on libmkl_pgi_thread.so) which Ifind strange... Maybe it is because there is no separate layer from PGI compiler in contrast to one for gfortran?
0 Kudos