Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Memory Leak using many times the cluster sparse solver

Marcos_V_1
New Contributor I

Hello, I'll add here the information on a support ticket I started last month to check if if the community has come up with this issue. We use the MKL parallel cluster solver, together with Intel MPI for our HPC software (called FDS). The software has to solve thousands of times a Poisson equation using the MKL cluster solver solve phase. We have noted the memory being used increases as the MKL cluster solver is used, eventually leading to a catastrophic out of memory error in MPI.

I isolated the repeated use of the MKL cluster solver on a single standalone program completely separate from our software, and still see the memory use increase.

Try following the instructions on the README file in this tarball, to compile the code and run the case to see if your memory use increases (takes a few hours of runtime). I have verified this is the case in two Linux clusters with Centos 6 and 7 and Intel parallel studio versions from 2018, 2019 and last 2020.

I would really appreciate any help on this.

Marcos

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Marcos_V_1
New Contributor I

Thank you Gennady, should I submit the feature request through a support ticket?

Best,

Marcos

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

yes, exactly

0 Kudos