Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6985 Discussions

mkl_solver.lib(mkl_malloc_allocate.obj) : error LNK2019:

g_f_thomas
Beginner

In contrast to mkl 10.0.012, mkl 10.0.1.015 runs into the subject error in an IVF console app built on ia32 in VS 2005 (BTW, VS 2003 is nowhere in sight) and linked against /libs:static /threads /dbglibs, and mkl_c.lib libguide.lib mkl_solver.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib.

How does one fix this?

Thanks,

Gerry

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Lunev
New Contributor I

Hi Jerry,

I don't see the real error: what the exact error was reported by linker after LNK2019?

In any case, try to link such MKL libraries: mkl_solver.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide.lib. Is it working?

Thanks,
Vladimir
MKL library engineering

0 Kudos
g_f_thomas
Beginner

Hi Vladimir,

The errors emitted paste as:

1>Linking...
1>libifcoremt.lib(cvtas_a_to_x.obj) : warning LNK4078: multiple '_RDATA' sections found with different attributes (40301040)
1>mkl_solver.lib(mkl_malloc_allocate.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mkl_allocate referenced in function _mkl_alloc_allocate_mkl_malloc
1>mkl_solver.lib(mkl_malloc_deallocate.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mkl_deallocate referenced in function _mkl_alloc_deallocate_mkl_malloc
1>DebugValidateMKL.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Steve Lionel assures me that the warning from IVF is known and attributable to MKL.

Changing from

mkl_solver.lib mkl_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib libguide.lib

to

mkl_solver.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide.lib
(mkl_solver_lp64.lib mkl_intel_lp64.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide40.lib)

fixed the problem, including the IVF warning.

Thank you very much,

Gerry

0 Kudos