Items with no label
3335 Discussions

error cod 0xA00F4243 (0xC00D3704)

JMart81
Beginner

I have a HP Envy. I got my laptop a few months ago. Around September 2016. Every thing was working great but the past couple of weeks a error code 0xA00F4243 (0xC00D3704) appeared when I selected my camera app. Then I started getting a message with skype saying that my camera might being used by another app. But all app's were closed. Just to be sure I uninstalled Skype and one other photo app that uses the 3D feature just to be sure. And still same thing with camera App. So I looked for other posts with people who had the same problem. I found a solution. Uninstalled the "Intel RealSense Depth Camera F200" as advised to the poster. And reinstalled "Intel RealSense Depth Camera manager from this Intel link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager Download Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager

Well After the reinstall I restarted my computer. Tried using my camera And got the same message and error code as before. I checked my Apps & Features under my settings. These systems have been udated:

Intel Driver Update Utility

Intel RealSense Application Recommender

Intel RealSense Depth Camera manager F200 ( Checked to see what was running before I uninstalled. So this matched.)

What else can I try?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
FNalm
Beginner

Actually this "manual" way through the command prompt is how i locked my camera. After the famous windows update that messed up all the Windows Hello intel sense cameras, i did various tests using the FWUpdateF200.exe -force command, trying to make windows hello work, not knowing that the max "forced" upgrades/downgrades are limited to 20. So now i am stack with the latest version of firmware on it and locked. From all the various posts i searched, there is no vialable way to recover the camera, which is in fine condition appart from this forced lock.

Thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You are very welcome!

It sounded from your message as though your own camera was bricked. If the camera is actually working then the lock should not be a problem. This is because ​new firmware is no longer developed for the F200 and so there will never be a new firmware for it that you need to update to.

0 Kudos