Items with no label
3335 Discussions

intel realsense sr300 object tracking

LMart13
Novice

how can i track the same target identifier of an object every time?

it seems not returns the same trackvalue of an certain object

0 Kudos
46 Replies
LMart13
Novice

the relative change of angles and pos are not affected,values are not to be 1:1 though.

when the physical object moves,the tracked thing in Unity is the same thing before the virtual object moves?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are asking whether Unity will keep tracking the same physical object if it moves or change its tracking to a different physical object ... I would think that Unity woud try to keep tracking the same object, but if that object moves away from the center of the camera's view, becomes too far away or leaves the camera's view totally then the tracking of a particular object is more likely to be lost.

0 Kudos
LMart13
Novice

how can i connect sr300 in a Unity project?do i need to install some plugins?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The Unity SDK comes with a program called the Unity Toolkit. You start a new Unity project, then run the Toolkit program whilst your Unity project is open and it imports the RealSense files and plugins into the project so that it will work with the camera.

The toolkit works with the '2016 R2' version of the RealSense SDK. R2 can be downloaded as a 1.8 gb download using the link below.

http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/vcp/9078/intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396.exe http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/vcp/9078/intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396.exe

You would have to install Unity 2017 first though by downloading it from the Unity website. That is a 1 GB + download too.

0 Kudos
LMart13
Novice

i installed the Unity,i cant find the Unity Toolkit, Mr. master

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It should be located on your computer in the folder C > Program Files (x86) > Intel > RSSDK > Framework > Unity

0 Kudos
LMart13
Novice

do i have to open Unity project all the time when i get the rotation data ?

0 Kudos
LMart13
Novice

can i use Unity without Unity Editor ?like reference some DLLs in my c# project,then i can get the Unity data.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You would at least have to use the Unity editor to develop the program, of course. But you do not need the editor for the finished project, as you can create a standalone executable launch file of the Unity part of the project that runs like a normal program.

0 Kudos
LMart13
Novice

when i run the Toolkit program,i cant find my sr300 device on the list.

can i create a Unity project in Unity editor,add sr300 by myself.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

When you add the Toolkit to a new Unity project, it should add the camera DLLs that enable the camera to work in Unity. There are not DLLs for specific camera models. The same DLLs are used for all the cameras the Windows RealSense SDK supports in the 2016 R2 SDK (F200, R200, SR300).

The DLLs are called libpxcclr.unity.dll and libpxccpp2c.dll. They are placed by the Toolkit in the 'Plugins' and 'Plugsins_Managed' folders that the Toolkit creates in your project.

0 Kudos
LMart13
Novice

there is a virtual cube in the scene,how to combine it with my physical object.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You should go to the folder RSUnityToolkit > Actions in your Unity project. Look for a script called TrackingAction in this folder. Hold the left mouse button down on the TrackingAction script and drag it over to your cube with the mouse. When the mouse cursor is over the cube, release the mouse button to drop the TrackingAction script into the cube.

Now when you highlight the cube by left-clicking on it, the TrackingAction script and its menus will be visible in the Inspector panel on the right-hand side of your Unity window.

0 Kudos
LMart13
Novice

it comes with a warning:Sense Manager Object not found and was added automatically.

do i miss something?

0 Kudos
LMart13
Novice

when i run the object tracking sample:

var senseManager = GameObject.FindObjectOfType(typeof(SenseToolkitManager));

it returns null

0 Kudos
LMart13
Novice

how to fix this code, i can get real object in the scene

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It is totally normal to get the 'added to scene' message, so don't worry about that.

0 Kudos
LMart13
Novice

does it mean detect failure

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The 'added to scene' message is nothing to do with object detection. The camera uses a component called the Sense Manager to make camera functions work. If any camera project (not just Unity ones) finds there is not a Sense Manager when the program runs then it creates a Sense Manager component. It is nothing to worry about.

0 Kudos
LMart13
Novice

ok,i see. when i rotate real object ,the cube dont rotate.so i thought object detected failure.

some setting jobs to be done?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I don't use the Object Tracking part of TrackingAction in my own project (only Hand and Face) so I can only guess at what the problem is.

The first question I would ask is whether you have set TrackingAction for the Object Tracking mode by opening the menu next to the 'Set defaults to' option and selected Object Tracking.

0 Kudos