Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Deploying on Centos 7.1

koby_s_
Beginner

Hi
I am facing a problem of using the hardware acceleration on a freshly installed centos 7.1.1503 machine (cpu :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1284L v4), Software implementation is working fine.

I would like to know what is the procedure of deploying my application together with the MSS binaries on a fresh centos 7.1 machine.
Is it enough to :
1. Attach the shared objects (libmfxsw64.so, libmfxhw64.so iHD_drv_video.so and libmfxaudiosw64.so) together with my binary
2. Export symbols : LD_LIBRARY_PATH=path_to_shared_objects, LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=iHD and LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH=path_to_driver

it seems that it's not enough and hardware session initialization failed because of missing libva and libdrm.

I managed to make my application to work after running ./install_sdk_UMD_CentOS.sh without rebuilding the kernel.

Do I need to install the SDK on each machine that I'm going to use and rebuild the kernel? 
Is there any way to install libva and libdrm externally (i.e not from install_sdk_UMD_CentOS.sh )

Thank you

Koby

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Koby,

KMD update is needed when MSDK application run on E3 server.

about the deployment. I think you refer to "2 Deploy Intel® Media Server Studio on CentOS* 7.1" in  https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-setup-and-deploy-media-server-studio-on-centos-71

Thanks,

Zachary

0 Kudos