Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

H264 Decoded frames order

sverdlov__andrey

Hello

I have an issue with H264 output frames PTS. The input is a packets with PTS and DTS. In case PTS and/or DTS is available, I set the TimeStamp and DecodeTimeStamp values. But the output packets are not in the PTS increasing order. For example: 40, 80, 120, 160, 320, 240, 360, 280(milliseconds). The DecodeOrder field is set to 0(I tried to set it to 1, but the disordering becomes even worse) and the MaxDecFrameBuffering is also set to 0. What could cause this kind of issue ?

[Update] I've found out the output frames are in PTS increasing order. But the TimeStamp of the output surface is wrong. What is the correct logic to get valid output frames PTS value ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Andrey,

I am apologized for late response, my understanding is, you are using sample_decode.exe in Windows and expected output frames are in PTS order with the correct timestamp.

If you can reproduce with sample_decode.exe, could you post your command line? I will try to reproduce it to help you.

Mark

0 Kudos