Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

I had connected a monitor to Intel Graphics adapter,but why "MFXVideoVPP_Init()" return MFX_WRN_PARTIAL_ACCELERATION?

Zheng_L_
Beginner

My work computer has 2 display cards,the Intel HD4600 integrated card,and a NVIDIA's GT670 discreet card,I set all the cards are active in BIOS,and NV card is primary one.I connected a monitor to Intel integrated card,because the SDK's doc said to supporting hardware acceleration in a multi-gpu environment,the intel integrated gpu must be active and had a monitor connected to it;But I found in my program,whether I connect a monitor to intel gpu or not,the "MFXVideoVPP_Init()" always return "MFX_WRN_PARTIAL_ACCELERATION",what's the meaning of the warning? How can I catch hardware acceleration in a multi-gpu environment?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Zheng,

Can you please provide the log output from the Media SDK 2013 R2 "mediasdk_sys_analyzer" tool. The log will possibly help identify the issue.

When observing the issue, are you running one of the Media SDK samples or your own application using the Media SDK API? Only for VPP?

Unfortunately, the "MFX_WRN_PARTIAL_ACCELERATION" status code is somewhat misleading. It means that HW acceleration is not used, instead the operation is using the SW implementation. 

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos