Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Maximum Bitrate support by IQSV Encoder

gparag1983
Beginner

Hello,

I want to know following points related to IQSV.

1. Maximum bitrate support in AVC/H264 encoding  (Currently I can encode maximum 65 MB)

2. If I want to encode in 4K format (size 3820*2160, video codec H264), Which parameters  have to set CodecId, CodecLevel, TargetKbps, TargetUsage, RateControlMethod.

Regards

Parag Gandhi

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Parag, 

Yes, you can encode at more that 65Mbps, you need to change buffersize in KB. Check the last section in BRC article to see how the values affect the target vs achieved Kbps. 

To encode at 4K, resolution i.e. width and height needs to change. 
CodecId should be MFX_CODEC_AVC for H264 
CodecLevel - Level 5.1
TargetKbps - depends upon your use case. don't use lowere bitrate like 1-2Mbps for a 4K video 
TargetUsage - choose depending upon your use case 1 - quality o/p(slow encoding), 4- balanced btw speed and quality, 7- best  encoding speed (will might compromise on quality). 
RateControlMethod - you have wide options to choose from depending upon your OS. 

MFX_RATECONTROL_CBR       =1,
    MFX_RATECONTROL_VBR       =2,
    MFX_RATECONTROL_CQP       =3,
    MFX_RATECONTROL_AVBR      =4,
    MFX_RATECONTROL_LA        =8,
    MFX_RATECONTROL_ICQ       =9,
    MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM       =10,
    MFX_RATECONTROL_LA_ICQ    =11,
    MFX_RATECONTROL_LA_EXT    =12,
    MFX_RATECONTROL_LA_HRD    =13,
    MFX_RATECONTROL_QVBR      =14

Description to these are available in MSDK manual - https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/mediasdk-man.pdf 

Please download sample_encode from the sample package to run encoding on your platform, check the sample guide and encode readme file. Most of these options are set by default in sample_decode

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
gparag1983
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

Thanks for reply .

I try with many values of Maxlength and BufferSizeInKB and  BRCParamMultiplier for encode frames at 100Mbps. But Not getting accurate result.

I want to know what will the value of Maxlength and BufferSizeInKB and  BRCParamMultiplier for encode frames at 100 MBPS.

Regards

Parag Gandhi

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Parag- It depends upon the input. You can try to set BufferSizeInKB = 400KB, BRCParamMultiplier =2 and TargetKbps =50000kbps. Check the size of the o/p(in MB)*8*fps/frames to calculate the output bitrate. 
Let me know if you see any issues, please send your test cmd and the changes you have made to sample_encode application to reproduce the issue at our end for any debugging. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos