Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Two or more Encoders at the same time?

Fernando_B_
Beginner

hi all,

I'm using Intel Media SDK and I want to know if it is possible to initializate two or more MfxVideoEncoders to be used at the same time... Currently, I can create one correctly but when the second is going to be created I get an error on the Init call returning a MFX_ERR_DEVICE_FAILED and I would like to know if this error is being or could be caused due to I have a MfxVideoEncoder already created.

Thanks in advance!

Fernando B.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Fernando_B_
Beginner

Hi Again,

Now the problem is reproduced creating several Decoders in hardware mode using video memory.

It is strange, I create 4 decoders and only works the last one of they... the orders returns devide failed (-17) when they want to decode a frame, initialize etc works without any problem only returns  error on DecodeFrameAsync.

The decoders have all different sessions.

Any tip about this?

Attached you can find the code. it can be added to the simple_decoder_vmem example.

Regards!

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Fernando,

Sorry to reply late. I tried your code, and was not able to reproduce the problem you mentioned above. Actually I could not even decode one stream, there is problem reading the source file in the code attached above. I basically replaced simple_decode_vmem.cpp in the tutorial with your code, it built successfully, but just failed in reading memory when executed. For now I can not tell why 4 decoders failed, since for me, even 1 decoder failed. Is the multiple decoders problem the same as the multiple encoders problem mentioned at the beginning of this thread? If possible, you can send your executable code by PM, so we can further investigate it. Thanks!

0 Kudos