Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

MSS for CentOS 7.2.1511

Mauritz_P_
Beginner

Hi, 

I've tried to install Intel MSS Professional Evaluation 2016 on my machine that runs on CentOS 7.2.1511 with Linux 3.10.0-327.10.1.el7.x86_64 kernel. The UMD was fine, but the KMD was not successful.

I wonder, can the MSS be installed with the OS and kernel? Or must I downgrade the OS to 7.1.1503?

Thanks,

Mauritz

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Mauritz,

The article below has some suggestions for CentOS 7.2.  Please note that the validated "Gold" configuration is CentOS 7.1.1503.  While installing on CentOS 7.2 (and a wide range of other distros) is certainly possible under the "Generic" install model this means that Intel's ability to help with issues that come up is reduced.  Issues will need to be reproducible in a "Gold" environment.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/mss-centos-install-options

0 Kudos
Mauritz_P_
Beginner

Hi Jeffrey,

I followed Option 2: Generic install on CentOS 7.2 on the link you gave above, but I tried MSS 2015 R6. The installation seems to run smoothly. I also ran install.sh in the HEVCEvaluation2015 folder, which ran without error. However when I tried to encode YUV file into hevc using /opt/intel/mediasdk/samples/_bin/x64/sample_encode I got the following error:

[root@localhost x64]# ./sample_encode h265 -i input.yuv -o output.hevc -w 3840 -h 2160
plugin_loader.h :156 [ERROR] Failed to load plugin from GUID, sts=-9: { 0x6f, 0xad, 0xc7, 0x91, 0xa0, 0xc2, 0xeb, 0x47, 0x9a, 0xb6, 0xdc, 0xd5, 0xea, 0x9d, 0xa3, 0x47 } (Unknown plugin)
Default plugin cannot be loaded (possibly you have to define plugin explicitly)

Return on error: error code -3, /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK1/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_encode/src/pipeline_encode.cpp    1079

Return on error: error code 1,  /home/lab_msdk/buildAgentDir/buildAgent_MediaSDK1/git/mdp_msdk-samples/samples/sample_encode/src/sample_encode.cpp      744

Frame number: 0
[root@localhost x64]#

What happens here? How to solve the errors (load and define plugin?) so HEVC encoding is possible?

Br,

Mauritz

0 Kudos
Alexander_K_5
Beginner

Hi Mauritz,

Try to specify plugin GUID manually:

./sample_encode h265 -i input.yuv -o output.hevc -w 3840 -h 2160 -p e5400a06c74d41f5b12d430bbaa23d0b

0 Kudos