Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media Server Studio SDK 2017 on CentOS 7

Dennis_G_2
Beginner

Hello,

I want to use Intel Media Server Studio SDK 2017 on my CentOS 7-1511 installation running on a System with a Celeron G3900. I installed it correctly using the CentOS install script, but when I try ./sample_multi_transcode -i::h264 ../content/test_stream.264 -o::h264 out.h264 -hw -la I get the following output: 

Multi Transcoding Sample Version 7.0.16053497

libva info: VA-API version 0.99.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: User requested driver 'iHD'
libva info: Trying to open /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_32
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
Illegal instruction

Can somebody tell me what went wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Unfortunately your processor is not supported.  While it is true that ark.intel.com lists a Quick Sync ready HD graphics GPU indicating that the hardware has the capability, in this case the Linux driver only covers Core processors and the subset of Xeon E3 systems with GPUs.  For more information please see the release notes and the driver support matrix.  

0 Kudos
Dennis_G_2
Beginner

Thank you for your answer. It's very unfortunate that my CPU isn't supported. Is there another way to encode H265 with QuickSync with my CPU on CentOS or some other Linux distribution or would I need to get another CPU?

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

In Linux, VAAPI may work.  For code development it may be easier to use one of the frameworks "above" it:  the FFmpeg-vaapi codecs, gstreamer-vaapi, and libyami (for Yet Another Media Interface).   Some libyami examples are here.  These are out of scope of this forum and supported on the freedesktop.org mailing lists. 

0 Kudos