Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

HPS2FPGA bridge, DMA

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hello everybody, i'm trying to make some simple project on DE1-SoC and have problems with H2F bridge. I have a GHRD as a base and i try to read from Onchip RAM to HPS RAM. Problem is that i don't really sure that i work with OCRAM. I can write and read from 0xc0000000+, but when i initialize OCRAM with .hex file in QSYS and then read this data from bare-metal app, i read nulls. Looks like i read from other undefined place.  

I initialize bridges like that it was in my university labs: 

if (status == ALT_E_SUCCESS) { status = socfpga_bridge_setup(ALT_BRIDGE_LWH2F); } if (status == ALT_E_SUCCESS) { status = socfpga_bridge_setup(ALT_BRIDGE_H2F); } 

ALT_STATUS_CODE socfpga_bridge_setup(ALT_BRIDGE_t bridge){ printf("INFO: Setup Bridge ...\n", (int)bridge); ALT_STATUS_CODE status = ALT_E_SUCCESS; if (status == ALT_E_SUCCESS) { // STEP 12: status = alt_bridge_init(bridge, NULL, NULL);// Attempt to initialize the bridges } if (status == ALT_E_SUCCESS) { status = alt_addr_space_remap(ALT_ADDR_SPACE_MPU_ZERO_AT_BOOTROM, ALT_ADDR_SPACE_NONMPU_ZERO_AT_OCRAM, ALT_ADDR_SPACE_H2F_ACCESSIBLE, ALT_ADDR_SPACE_LWH2F_ACCESSIBLE); } if (status == ALT_E_SUCCESS) { printf("INFO: Setup of Bridge successful.\n\n", (int)bridge); } else { printf("ERROR: Setup of Bridge return non-SUCCESS %d.\n\n", (int)bridge, (int)status); } return status; }  

I dont know should it work with initialized in qsys ocram, or if i dont want to fill ocram myself, i need to something else? 

I read try to read like that: 

for (uint32_t i = 0; i < 128; ++i) { printf("FPGA_RAM= \n",(unsigned int)alt_read_word(ALT_H2F_BASE+ALT_H2F_RAM_OFFSET+offset)); temp++; offset=offset+4; }  

where ALT_H2F_BASE=0xc0000000, and ALT_H2F_RAM_OFFSET=0x00000000. 

And the second question for my future plan is how to make dma transfer fron fpga ram ro hps ocram? is there enough alt_dma_memory_to_memory() or i should do this another way? 

I've never worked with SoC and it difficult for me to understand some things and Altera manuals. 

P.S.: sorry for mistakes i'm bad in english, but i hope you understand and will help me. Thanks:rolleyes:
0 Kudos
0 Replies