Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

'KEYS_base' undeclared (first use in this function)

RAlex4
Beginner

Hello,

I am starting to program the Nios II core using Eclipse tool. I have created a hardware system for an FPGA development kit using a Cyclone IV FPGA. Until now I have compiled my vhdl design, but not programmed the chip.

When I try to build my C code in Eclipse, I get three errors of the same kind. 'KEYS_base' undeclared, 'SW1_base' undeclared, 'SW2_base' undeclared. I have used the same declaration in my main.c file as in the system.h.

Can somebody help me understand what am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, may I know is the design originates from an outsources or a self-build design?

RAlex4
Beginner

Hello Richard,

Are you asking if I wrote the code? If so, then yes. I used the system.h header file to declare the inputs.

However, I fixed this issue. In the system.h file, the inputs were defined in uppercase (SW1_BASE, SW2_BASE, KEYS_BASE), while I defined them 'base' in lowercase.

Thanks,

Reba

RichardTanSY_Intel

I am glad that the issue has been solved. :)