Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

PIO INTERRUPT

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i configed the pio_1 of my nios II as synchronously capture,either edge,interrupt generated by edge. 

before i call the isr,i enable the irq of pio_1 by write the code as bellow: 

void* edge_capture_ptr = (void*) &edge_capture; 

/* Enable all 4 button interrupts. */ 

IOWR_ALTERA_AVALON_PIO_IRQ_MASK(PIO_1_BASE, 0xf); 

/* Reset the edge capture register. */ 

IOWR_ALTERA_AVALON_PIO_EDGE_CAP(PIO_1_BASE, 0x0); 

/* Register the interrupt handler. */ 

alt_irq_register(PIO_1_IRQ, edge_capture_ptr,pio_interrupt_handle );  

//it is almost as same as provided in the sample program(count binary); 

then i connected pio_1 to the internal logic singal in the same FPGA,and expecte to read the PIO_1 edge_cap the another pio_0;but I did not found the isr run. 

and I found a function alt_irq_enable-all();but this function is only used when nested irq are runing. 

my question is: 

must I connect the pio to signals from out of the FPGA(I think it need not to do so); 

must I enable all the irq?but there is no global irq enable register in nios II,and I find there is no 

such code in the example count binary.c http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi all 

I do capture the edge ,so it seems that we can connect the interrupt singal from inside the fpga. 

then why i find that the code inside isr (pio_interrupt handle) was not executed? 

the first argument in alt_irq_register() is PIO_1_IRQ,and the third argument is the isr (pio_interrupt handle); 

I can find any mistake in my code. 

BTW,my nios II only has tow periphery.:pio_0 and pio_1; 

and the on chip memory is 8kx32bits. 

does the nios II isr need large memory space? http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I didn&#39;t see a line of code that sets the PIO pins to inputs. I think that is necessary to use them for interrupts.

0 Kudos