Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

hello world GNU example loading failed in debug session.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I bought a cyclone GX kit, trying to start with the hello world, there is a soc guide I downloaded from the Altera net, but when I connect the debugger, there is no "hello world" text show up in the debug console. where could be gone wrong here?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

first of all did you get your self a dev kit guide to confirm your tools and environment setting correctly? include the USb blaster driver installation.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think you need to double confirm your kit jumper connection first, after that USB- blaster driver installation.. for USb blaster please go to the debugger and check if you can see the device in browser-py.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

it worked after i configure the jumper accordingly.... i saw the hello world is printed at the debug console.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

good to hear you at least got a first example working.