Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

how do I view global variables in eclipse?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

how do I view global variables in eclipse? The variables tab only displays local variables on the stack while inside of a function, how do I view global variables. how can something so simple be so complicated, i've searched the help and online documentation to no avail?:mad: In other tool chains like IAR or codeWarrior, all you do is open a new data window and drag a variable into the window, eclipse only has a variable window and I cant drag and drop gloabal variable, I can't even find a global variable. For instance I have a global defined data structure, I want to view data going into and out of the structure, this is easiest done using a data window rather than trying to look at raw memory. its all backwards anyway, who ever designed the eclipse memory view window needs to be #@$% slapped, the big endian / little endian thing really needs a lot of help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

click right in the variable window, then click add global variable

0 Kudos