Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12367 Discussions

how do I view global variables in eclipse?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

how do I view global variables in eclipse? The variables tab only displays local variables on the stack while inside of a function, how do I view global variables. how can something so simple be so complicated, i've searched the help and online documentation to no avail?:mad: In other tool chains like IAR or codeWarrior, all you do is open a new data window and drag a variable into the window, eclipse only has a variable window and I cant drag and drop gloabal variable, I can't even find a global variable. For instance I have a global defined data structure, I want to view data going into and out of the structure, this is easiest done using a data window rather than trying to look at raw memory. its all backwards anyway, who ever designed the eclipse memory view window needs to be #@$% slapped, the big endian / little endian thing really needs a lot of help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

click right in the variable window, then click add global variable